Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help?! How to publish my live site with xara.

Hello,

I am not an IT person and would really appreciate if someone could tell me how you go about publishing your website pages on your domain. Currently we are creating website pages and publishing them through our conference software (CVENT). We hate the design part of CVENT since it's made for event registration and not website software design.

If I buy the web designer preimum, how do I publish my website pages and remove them from CVENT.

Much appreciated!!!

Default Re: Help?! How to publish my live site with xara.

All you need from your host is domain name, username/password, and possibly the name of the subfolder on the server.
    Input this info on the Publish page in Web Designer, and click the Publish button.
    You can also use an ftp program like Filezilla to upload the website files to the folder on the host server if you want.

Thank you!! Do we need to enter in the domain name, username/password everytime we update the software or is it stored automatically into the publishing? Lastly, will this software remove the pages that were previously completed in CVENT? Thanks!!

I use FTP. I create and save my website on a directory on my computer and then I do work on it, do a save as (which saves the xara web document name), and then I EXPORT it (which usually saves all your pages in html and the index directory). Once I do that, I run my FTP to upload it to my ISP.