Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Paint Shop Pro X2

I recently purchased Corel Paint Shop Pro X2, I have a small problem with it... when I add a text box, it will not let me resize it or move it at all... all it does is give me a small double sided arrow and a smaller text box, and it will not let me click on anything at all.. to close it, I have to press, CTRL, ALT and DEL I have used paint shop pro 9 for years and never ran into this problem before... I even tried going back to PSP 9 and now it does the same thing... CAN you please help me!!!!!
    IP

Default Re: Paint Shop Pro X2

Sounds like something isn't working as it should.
    Try this:
    Save your current Workspace if you have customized it in any way. Otherwise leave everything as it is.
    Close PSPX2.
    Then open X2 and hold the Shift key at the same time.
    Keep holding it until you get a message telling you PSP will revert to it's default settings. Let go of the Shift key :-) Click OK.
    If a file was corrupted, this should fix it.

Grenou
    IP

Thank you Grenou, I will try this I'll let you know if it works...
    IP

Thanks Grenou, but it didn't work, I still can't do anything with it, I do work with computer graphics to make extra money and as a hobby, I need to get PSP working or find another program to use...thanks, Patty
    IP

Oh drat, that is such a good cure-all normally.
    I admit that I have never had any problems with the Text Box, it behaves as it should, but that doesn't help you..
    Have you tried deleting the cache files?
    File>Preferences>Reset Preferences. Tick Delete all cache files.
    Restart PSP, it will rebuild all the cache files, just click OK when the screens pop up.
    Good luck :-)

Grenou
    IP

I tried that and all it did was change the double sided arrow into a 4 sided arrow and still can't move anything or click on anything..... but thanks for you help and at least trying.... I'll probably just go with print shop pro... I'm getting way behind on my orders I have pending for graphics.... if you think of anything else please let me know.. thanks again.
    Patty
    IP

Hmm, how frustrating.
    When you click on the T on your keyboard for Text Tool and then position the cursor where you want to add the text, the box appears but is frozen?

Have you tried resetting it?
    When in Text mode, click on the Presets icon (on the left of the text toolbar) and click on the Reset curved arrow. Maybe that will do the trick.

Grenou
    IP

Grenou, thanks for all you help, but the text boxes are working the way they are supposed to now... I went to uninstall it and clicked repair instead and it's working now... also I'm not using a background color now... I keep it now on transparent... thank you again for all your suggestions.
    Best wishes.
    Patty
    IP

Well done!
    :-)
    Grenou
    IP