Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Why is my Iletisim page has differnt background color?

Hi,

I have designed a new website in Turkish. English website is under construct. There is one very weird issue. When you visit at www.vehbibolatdanismanlik.com, and then click Iletisim (Contact) tab, it is opened with a different background color from the other pages.

I have checked on the design level by comparing this page with the other pages from the background color standpoint. All of the designed pages have the same color number of #d7d7d7, which means there is no problem on the design level.
    But when the website (or, only the contact page) is previewed or published that page becomes light blue (others remain light grey).
    What can cause this problem? Any ideas?
    Last edited by vehbi; 11 November 2011 at 01:43 PM.

Default Re: Why is my Iletisim page has differnt background color?

Line 15 in your source for the Contact page changes the background colour. See attached image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	background-colour.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	85193  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

You are great Soquilli...
    Why is this different from #d7d7d7? Where will I make this change? Where is this HTML code located? To make this change I must first check for the grey background color code of the other pages, and then apply that code directly to the contact page background code.

Vehbi I do not know how the background color became another color. The code does not look like was auto-generated by Web Designer, compare the source with that of another page to see how Xara uses CSS to assign the gray color.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

The main page has an image background:

http://www.vehbibolatdanismanlik.com...tm_files/0.png

The image is #d7d7d7 colour yes, but the xara .css body colour is actually white :

http://www.vehbibolatdanismanlik.com...es/xr_main.css

(body {background-color:#ffffff)

The code on the contact page was not created by the Xara HTMLfilter.dll

<body style="background-color: #D5DFEA">

This was added by ... a placeholder perhaps?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Well, this became interesting now...

So adding placeholder with a form such as contact form can have an affect on changing the backgound color?!!!

I have just checked this if that contact form might change the background color when any blank template page (from the designs gallery, of course ) was used. There is NO CHANGE in the background color. I mean same color is maintained even though the placeholder with contact form is inserted.

Anyway which line in the source code should be changed to make all the background colors same. Any ideas?

I have also tried this: I removed the placeholder from the page and press the ''export and preview webpage'' button. The page without the placeholder changed to light blue again. This means that the problem is not resulted from the placeholder.

I have duplicated a page (News Page) which does not have any background color problem and then transferred the contact form and contact information to this page. Problem seems to be solved. But I still do not know why that problem occured
    I will upload the new site shortly.

i Just had the same problem on one of my pages, thanks tho this disscussion i was able to solve it (the placeholder was my problem to)