Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi guys.

It feels like a century waiting for a new Crl version for months now. I've heard good reviews about v.11 from other places. This is one Corel fan who can't wait to get his hands on the new thing.

Peter C, is it really that stable compared to 10 or do you suggest to wait and see how the upgrade fixes will stand-up? How does it fair on wimME? And has RAVE improved over the last version? How does the whole package compare to v.9?

All I need is a go for this odd number version (the best I hope). Bad enough Corel prices it's products like the devil, I wouldn't want to spend like what I did last time only to get a bummer.

vee
    IP

Vee

As far as I am concerned I have yet to encounter a show stopper with V11.

I never used 10 (9 was the last version I purchased,) only read the reports in the official Corel newsgroups and did not like what I read.

Are there bugs in the suite? well a few appear to have snuck through the beta test but nothing that cannot be worked around quite easily. At least in my case.

Reproducible bugs reported in the newsgroups so far are.

Cannot export a vector to PNG with alpha transparency from with in Draw, so I cut and paste into Paint and do it from there.

Cannot cut and paste a vector into Paint from a page other than page 1, annoying but not insurmountable and not something I do very often)

Mostly I am more than happy to move my work platform to CGS 11 and Ventura Publisher 10 (probably running on Windows XP) at the end of September, I am just waiting for Ventura to be released.

I would definitely recommend running CGS 11 on Windows 2000 / XP, however there have been no specific Windows 98 problems reported in the main newsgroups to the best of my knowledge.

I think with SP1, CGS 11 will be the best suite ever, as it stands it is still brilliant and so far very stable, no CARMS yet in the gold released version. I look forward to working with it on a daily basis.

Peter

The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

The endorsements I heard from everyone is the best I heard since 9. I don't mind those few bugs coz I don't do it that often (in fact never) myself. Your comments added icing on the cake.

Thanks Peter.

Lemme at 'em. Charge!!!!!

vee
    IP