Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

united edge records

the above link will bring you to a website i just recently finished. its constructed using one main movie that loads external movies into a containerClip on the main stage. pretty much everything works fine, except that most of the time, the first time you click on a menu, you only see part of the movie appear. i was wondering if anyone knew what causes this, and/or any solutions. someone i asked already had brought up the idea of preloading any external txt files (that are contained in the external movies) into the main movie. i dont think this is the right remedy as only one of the movies has an external txt file. the other has internal txt files, and the other two dont have any text at all. anyone have any ideas? it would be much appreciated. thanks a lot.

i think ill also post this on the site feedback board.

rock.

UBB code edited by Moderator to open link in new window.

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on November 03, 2003 at 20:17.]
    IP

united edge records

the above link will bring you to a website i just recently finished. its constructed using one main movie that loads external movies into a containerClip on the main stage. pretty much everything works fine, except that most of the time, the first time you click on a menu, you only see part of the movie appear. i was wondering if anyone knew what causes this, and/or any solutions. someone i asked already had brought up the idea of preloading any external txt files (that are contained in the external movies) into the main movie. i dont think this is the right remedy as only one of the movies has an external txt file. the other has internal txt files, and the other two dont have any text at all. anyone have any ideas? it would be much appreciated. thanks a lot.

i think ill also post this on the site feedback board.

rock.

UBB code edited by Moderator to open link in new window.

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on November 03, 2003 at 20:17.]
    IP

its ok that no one responded, i figured it out, thanks.

btw, it was as simple as a scripting error. calling _root from an externally loaded movie calls up the parent movie, i didnt realize that it would call the host movie as the parent, so it was an idiotic mistake on my part. i noticed it when looking over it and just on a whim tried a different script for the preloaders and bam it worked. the new files will be uploaded on monday, but thanks for even reading this.

rock.
    IP