Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation button problem

I have used one of the templates in Designer Pro 7 to create a web page and have 5 buttons with drop down menus that has worked OK until today.

When I tried to insert a new page, from the Page and Layer menu, it renames one of the existing buttons (the fourth).
    Duplicating the first page renames the fourth button.

I have to go into the navigation editing function to rename the button and still when I insert a new page it changes it again.

I have set the navigation to add to the center and tried setting to add to either end and it still changes the fourth.

Peter

Default Re: Navigation button problem

Yep. I kind of remember that happening to me some time ago. I wish I could tell you how I fixed it though.

You might try rebuilding the navigation bar. Ungroup for editing. Take one of the buttons that is working (delete the rest) and use the Navigation Bar Tool to create a new navigation bar from that button. It is a real PITA but it might be a good learning experience.

On further investigation it is associated with that no URL was set as the button has sub menus it does not want one set for the main heading button.
    There is more to than that though and not understanding at the moment what is happening.
    One thing is it is not putting the new page in the center where it is set to do.
    Peter

I have been told that:-

The navigation bar is set to be a site navigation bar.

Please double click the navbar, disable the checkbox 'site navigation bar' and click OK.

Duplicating a page will not now cause the navbar to update.

Peter