Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Nav bar link changes when puiblished

When I publish my site the HOME nav bar link to index.htm changes to index_1.htm!! There is no file of that name in my local or host folder. The WD7 nav bar properties window shows the proper link name. Very confusing - where does the underbar one come from? I also had problems with the index page not updating when I made minor design changes. Had to delete it and start over. The dot web file is attached if needed to diagnose the problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Nav bar link changes when puiblished

Here's a clue. The xr_files.txt doc lists the index_1.htm file. Where does that come from?

Move the index page up to the top in the Page and Layer Gallery. Or change the name for the index page that is now page two.

I published your site to a folder and named the site, index.html. Because there is already an index page (page two in your site) it created an index_1.html page.

Thank you Gary - that works . I will revisit the user manual but I don't remember seeing the requirement that the index page needs to be first on the list.

I don't think it is explicitly mentioned in the user manual but think of the Page and Layer Gallery as showing the hierarchy of your site. Your index (main page) should be at the top.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Bill. Perhaps the developers will see this thread and update the user docs next time round so the next person with the problem will be informed.