Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Broken home link

Hi Can some one point me in the right direction. My site links work fine in XWDP7 both back and forth using the links.
    Having recently done an small update I have republished the site to the desktop.

On viewing the desktop folder prior to uploading with filezilla I have a PNG image outside the Xara attribute folder for my site, I have dragged this PNG image into the folder and it overwrites the original. Why should I have a duplicate PNG image ?
    When I upload the site everything seems fine except when I go through the link buttons and try to return to the home page google comes up with a error message and doubles up my domain name
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Broken link.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	83788 ( visualmedia1 co uk visualmedia1)
    Somewhere their must be a place where my domain is entered twice. I have checked the Links edit buttons and all are pointing to the correct pages
    Has anyone any suggestions.
    Thanks
    John

Default Re: Broken home link

At first I thought you wanted to link to a Broken Home.

Have you by any chance created two index files? And have you named your home page index.htm or index.html (always in lowercase)?

Also, your link will be less troublesome if you replace the open spaces with dots, dashes, and/or underscores. The open spaces could be the problem and can definitely causes problems if you publish your site.

Default Re: Broken home link

OK, Thanks Gary,

Had requested filzilla to overwrite amended files but found it had created a duplicate set of files lower down and out of view in the Public_ HTML folder.
    Removed duplicate all a ok.

John