Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Editing HTML in WD6

I need to verify my ownership of a site with google and one option is to insert a given meta tag into the <head> section. can anyone tell me how to do this in WD6? I can't seem to find the right place. Thanks!

Default Re: Editing HTML in WD6

Select home page

Utilities >> Web Properties >> Page Tab >> HTML Code (head) button

Hang on ... Just noticed you are using WD6. If this does not work, create an object of any type, call it <head> (including angle brackets) using right-click "names" and then enter the code via the placeholder tab.

Hopefully that's right ... working from memory.
    Last edited by Drwyd; 30 August 2011 at 09:08 PM.

By call it <head> Drwyd means, click the yellow tag icon on the Infobar, and Name the placeholder rectangle <head> and press Add. That is what you meant? This forces the text to be placed in the <HEAD> portion of the HTML document.

Then copy and paste your Google code in the Website Properties > Placeholder > Replace with HTML Code text entry window.

In WD6 there is also a text entry window on the Website Properties > Website page, Tracker Code which used to insert the Google code in the correct place. But I am not sure if that still works or not. The placeholder method is probably the best route.

Cheers for clarifying Gary, I was in a bit of a rush

IIRC the old tracker code box was just for analytic code at the end of the body section. When Google switched to the asynchronous version it became redundant as it then needed to be placed at the end of the head section.

Thanks for getting back so quick, I'll give this a go today. Cheers guys!