Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Edit navbar colours

Hi. I am at a loss how to edit the main button colours in XWD7 Premium design gallery nav bars. I understand the mouse off and mouse over buttons are different graphics on different layers, but I cannot figure out how to access and change those buttons' colours.

I would appreciate step by step advice, or point me in the direction of a tutorial.

Thanks

Rick
    Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Default Re: Edit navbar colours

Hi Rick

Double click on the navigation bar to open the Navigation Bar Properties dialog.

In the lower left is a button Ungroup to Edit Graphics. Click this button.

This breaks the nav bar apart into individual buttons.

Select one of the buttons and remove the soft grouping (Arrange menu). Delete the other buttons.

Edit the button states as you desire. When you are done editing, Soft group the two states. Then select the edited and soft grouped button and from the Website Properties flyout menu select the Navigation Bar Tool.

Check the desired options, then check the check box for Site Navigation Bar (auto links to all pages, etc.)

Just to add. You can drag the colour of choice over the ungrouped elements either one at a time or shift click to select more than one. Also when you drag the colour over the element there might be a couple of states depending on whether it is a gradient fill; drag the colour to the top to change the top part of the gradient fill, to the bottom to change the bottom part of the gradient fill or the middle for a flat fill (when you drag the colour over the element you will see the drag icon change if a gradient fill is applied).

Andrew

Fantastic advice! Thanks guys, all works well!

Rick
    Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!