Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Panoramic TV

Default Re: Panoramic TV

Rik, you are reading with the wrong glasses. Remember, Xara created the software so that you can think of it in the same terms as working with vector art. The frames are basically your layers. The animation works when you set something in one position on layer 1 and then change the position on layer 2. The glue that holds this all together is naming the object. in the tutorial that I propose, just forget that it's an animation. On layer 1, I created a named object and use clipview to display only what I wanted to see. On layer 2, I move that same object 500 pixels to the left and then applied clip you. that's it.

Now as far as the frames go, I double-click on frame one and entered in the value of 10 seconds for the time that I want to see that object move the 500 pixels. In frame two, I used to go to command and told it to go back to frame one. That's what created the loop.

Try looking at the piece again and just think of the frame gallery as layers. Thinking of that, do you have your frame gallery open? When I'm working on animations, I always have my frame gallery pinned open. This is the very reason that I don't do tutorials, I miss all the basic steps. Again, if someone would like to collaborate with me and do the tutorials, I would appreciate it greatly. It will save the users going through the tutorial much valuable hair.

Rik, let me know if this helps.

Hi Paul.

Reading what you wrote above, makes a bit of sense. Particularly when I started to remember things when years ago I had tried to play about with this.
    I remembered that having created the difference between frame 1 and 2, is what makes things work.
    The problem I had was that having looked at your file, I had obviously changed a few things and clicking on the 'Preview Flash Animation' button was not doing anything.

Now having read your explanation above, I will try and make something different, after I try and recreate what you have done.
    Hope to get some success.
    Or else, there will be more questions coming your way!

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    Wait a minute, are these Xara users posting? What about adding a widescreen TV button? I mean, you can't expect me to watch these beautiful scenes on just a little TV. Just click on the widescreen button on the upper left-hand side to view it in widescreen mode. I need some creative ideas if we're going to push the limits of this tool. If anyone is interested in learning how to do some of this, just let me know and I will help you out with some projects. I would like to see some of the other creative animators express themselves through Xara. Remember, the Xara is only limited by your imagination. So, let's have some fun.

Thank you for your interest,

Paul

Attachment 83789
    Guyke, the widescreen TV was just an afterthought. I only animated one of the screens "glaciers" for the widescreen. I will be creating up some tutorials that will show how this is done in the near future.

Paul, after several trys I finally see what you are driving at. Could this be the missing link I need for the kaleidoscope I wonder. I don't know but I'll keep after it. Thanks for the information. Who knows maybe I'll be able to contribute something useful to this thread, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Wizard509, do you mean Kaleidoscope as in different shapes and colors that spin? If so, you may want to consider using the rotate commands like I used on the cool clock to rotate the hands. The command is: rotate-#name to rotate backwards or rotate+#name to rotate forward. this is the actual name that you name the object with. example: "rotate-#shape1" Attached is a sample of what I mean. This has three rotating layers. A color background and two shapes.

Let me know if this was helpful,

Paul

Attached Files Attached Files

Wizard509, I did a search and found this thread with your group participation. I use the file provided by shape shifter and use the shape that he did of your tractor. I played around trying to create the effect similar to what you're looking for. If you like this one, I can give you some suggestions on how to create one.

Let me know what you think,

Paul

kaleidoscope2.swf

That's pretty cool Paul. I guess the community project is not dead afterall. You have some things going on here that I really like.

Here is one I found from Tut_Animated_Kaleidoscope_GIMP_by_fence_post. Posted here without permission form the author. This is the kind of thing I have been trying to do using only Xara.

I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this.Name:  6petals.gif
Views: 243
Size:  441.9 KB
    Last edited by wizard509; 29 August 2011 at 04:52 PM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Ok, Here is my version of the kaleidoscope and it is all done in Xara. You do not need permission to post this one on the forum. This is actually done using only two frames. It is relatively simple if you know the secret.

Paul

kaleidoscope4.swf

Here is an overview of how I put this flash peace together. I give an over of how to annotate the screen and how to link the buttons to the proper frames. I have attached the working file so that you can see how it is all put together. In this demonstration, i have added an on and off button on the screen that works.

Enjoy and let me know what you think,

Paul

Animated screen overview.swf

Animated screen overview.xar

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    Ok, Here is my version of the kaleidoscope and it is all done in Xara. You do not need permission to post this one on the forum. This is actually done using only two frames. It is relatively simple if you know the secret.

Paul

kaleidoscope4.swf
    Perfect Paul, Care to share the secret?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509