Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Panoramic TV

Hybrid View

Default Re: Panoramic TV

Wizard509, do you mean Kaleidoscope as in different shapes and colors that spin? If so, you may want to consider using the rotate commands like I used on the cool clock to rotate the hands. The command is: rotate-#name to rotate backwards or rotate+#name to rotate forward. this is the actual name that you name the object with. example: "rotate-#shape1" Attached is a sample of what I mean. This has three rotating layers. A color background and two shapes.

Let me know if this was helpful,

Paul

Attached Files Attached Files

Wizard509, I did a search and found this thread with your group participation. I use the file provided by shape shifter and use the shape that he did of your tractor. I played around trying to create the effect similar to what you're looking for. If you like this one, I can give you some suggestions on how to create one.

Let me know what you think,

Paul

kaleidoscope2.swf

That's pretty cool Paul. I guess the community project is not dead afterall. You have some things going on here that I really like.

Here is one I found from Tut_Animated_Kaleidoscope_GIMP_by_fence_post. Posted here without permission form the author. This is the kind of thing I have been trying to do using only Xara.

I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this.Name:  6petals.gif
Views: 258
Size:  441.9 KB
    Last edited by wizard509; 29 August 2011 at 04:52 PM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Ok, Here is my version of the kaleidoscope and it is all done in Xara. You do not need permission to post this one on the forum. This is actually done using only two frames. It is relatively simple if you know the secret.

Paul

kaleidoscope4.swf

Here is an overview of how I put this flash peace together. I give an over of how to annotate the screen and how to link the buttons to the proper frames. I have attached the working file so that you can see how it is all put together. In this demonstration, i have added an on and off button on the screen that works.

Enjoy and let me know what you think,

Paul

Animated screen overview.swf

Animated screen overview.xar

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    Ok, Here is my version of the kaleidoscope and it is all done in Xara. You do not need permission to post this one on the forum. This is actually done using only two frames. It is relatively simple if you know the secret.

Paul

kaleidoscope4.swf
    Perfect Paul, Care to share the secret?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Yes, the secret is clipview. I went through the tutorial on their site and they are using a program that slices the image and put it inside a clipped triangle. The image is made up of the four triangles with the actual image sliding inwards. So I created a small triangle facing up, copied the thumbnail from the tutorial that had two instances of the original image. In frame one, I put the image over the triangle. In frame two, I slid the image up until the second image replace the first. I applied clip you to frame one and two. I cloned the clip view in frame one and in frame two and renamed the image. Then I rotated the triangle to fit on the site in both frame one and two. You can have preview at this point and see that half the kaleidoscope is already built. Again, I cloned the image on the bottom in frame one and two and flipped it vertically. Moved it to the upper position and renamed the image. Again with the side image, I cloned that one in both frame one and two and flipped them and slated to the left to complete the square. That's all it is, for clipped images sliding into the center.

Let me know if this makes sense to you,

Paul

Name:  clipview.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  7.4 KB

Thanks Paul. I had tried something similar but not the same, mine did not work at the time. I'ii try this again using your tips. Thank you.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509