Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Panoramic TV

Default Panoramic TV

Here is a vector piece that I drew today. I decided to add some animation and play around with some of the commands that Xara does support. This piece has a total of 14 frames and is just about 400 KB. The bitmap images that I use for the panoramic scenes is what increased the file size. The image is only 65 KB with all the vector work. I ran into some problems because Xara does not support feathering, group transparencies and some other features that I like to draw with. When you draw to animate, you need to think creatively. This piece is interactive, just click on the icons on the bottom to change the pictures. Anyways, here's the file, so what do you think?

Paul

Paulwebtv.swf

Default Re: Panoramic TV

There's nothing else to think but very, very cool!

Thanks

James

Quote Originally Posted by ODdOnLifeItself View Post
    There's nothing else to think but very, very cool!

Thanks

James
    James said it all. Thanks Paul.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Wait a minute, are these Xara users posting? What about adding a widescreen TV button? I mean, you can't expect me to watch these beautiful scenes on just a little TV. Just click on the widescreen button on the upper left-hand side to view it in widescreen mode. I need some creative ideas if we're going to push the limits of this tool. If anyone is interested in learning how to do some of this, just let me know and I will help you out with some projects. I would like to see some of the other creative animators express themselves through Xara. Remember, the Xara is only limited by your imagination. So, let's have some fun.

Thank you for your interest,

Paul

webtv.swf

Nice addition Paul, but it seems I can only see the glacier-movie in widescreen...
    Guy -

I love these tools

Excellent work Paul.

Fantastic Paul, really cool graphics too.

I didn't notice this little cute thing before but made me smile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cute.png 
Views:	264 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	83799  
    “When everybody thinks alike, Everyone is likely to be wrong”
    http://antonybrook.co.uk/index.htm

WOW! Just in case you didn't hear me. WOW!

That's really cool.

I've never played about with any type of flash animation.
    I've done some gif animation, with moderate success but nothing like what you're doing with your flashy stuff, Paul.

May I please stick my hand up and say, "Please sir. Can you teach me how you did that?"

I really would like to learn.

Yours in anticipation.
    Rik.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Hi Rik,

Thank you for your interest. I appreciate everyone's comments, I enjoy working with graphic animation software. I worked with Macromedia flash years ago, so I understand the concept behind animating graphics. Unfortunately, Xara has very limited resources when it comes to using the flash portion of the software. Instead of just showing off my work, I would like to share how I do my work with some of the other artists here on TG. Hopefully, I will inspire some of the other graphic animators to share some of their techniques and get some really cool animated graphics here on the forum. Xara has some limitations, but with a little creative thinking, you can do some really cool stuff.

I have attached a working file that shows how to create a panoramic screen in Xara. It only uses two frames and is not too complicated. Note: You do need to have a working knowledge of how to use clipview and naming objects. If someone that is good with creating tutorials would like to rework this short tutorial, I would not be offended. Tutorials are not my strong suit. I look forward to seeing what some of you creative artist do with this tutorial. Please share your work to inspire others.

Thank you again for your interest,

Paul

Panning Tutorial.swf

Panning Tutorial.xar

For a 'flash virgin' like me, I would say that there's a few steps missing!

I understand clipview and grouping objects but setting various properties BUT how to actually get the animation to work?
    I haven't got a clue!
    Last edited by Rik; 28 August 2011 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Wrong word made the sentence read wrong!

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone