Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Eraser Tool - PSP x3

Hi All

I wonder if anyone can possibly help with what i believ is a very simply problem to an experienced user but not to myself!

I have recently been using the eraser tool to retrive the original colours from a picture converted to b&w.

Since creating a watermark (whick may be just a coincedence) I am no longer able to retrive colours???? When using the eraser tool i just get the black & grey layer and no colour?

I guess this is a simple problem to resolve but desperately need your help as i'm not sure if i've amended the standard settings when following an on line tutorial to generate a watermark.

Hope someone can advise! Many thanks
    IP

Default Re: Eraser Tool - PSP x3

I am not too sure how you can use the Eraser to retrieve colours from a B&W image.
    I think what you might have done is to have the original image on it's own layer, then duplicated that layer in the Layers Palette and converted that to black & white by either Desaturating in H/S/L Hue Saturation Lightness, or used an Adjustment Layer and the Channel Mixer.

I prefer to use the Desaturation method, adjusting the Saturation to 0.
    Then I erase the parts of the B&W image that I want to see in colour, showing the original layer.
    Use a Eraser Brush on, say 75% Opacity and set the Hardness to 0.

This is the easiest way to 'retrieve' the colours.

Grenou
    IP