Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A portrait

I can't offer much help with the hair, as the way I'd do it would take forever and a day to render.
    I CAN offer some help on the eyebrows though which have gone unnoticed. Right now they look like feathered shapes with not much else to them. Here is what I did to achieve the eyebrows in my Muse image. First I DID make a feathered shape which was colored the most common color in the eyebrows. I Then drew tons of profiled lines (usually the one entitled "meteor" as that's the most subtle line) of the same color with maybe small variation in colors to give it a random natural look. I Would then clone all the lines (ctrl+K) then convert them all to shapes, then Add Shapes. I would then make that white and apply an elliptical transparancy to make the highlight in the eyebrows. I would then give either the group in the back, or the white highlights in the front a wall shadow with a very small blur to give it a sense of depth, as eyebrows aren't plastered to your forehead, if you look at them you'll notice they're slightly raised. Put your own styles/touches/techniques into this. But if you're going for a realistic image, I suggest going for as much detail as possible, especially in vector! Take advantage of it's unlimited zoom capabilities. Vectors tend to look a little clean as stated before, you HAVE to do a lot of detail in order to give it a real world sense if you're going for that

Steve Newport

-GFX Gallery (Photoshop AND XaraX)-

-My Gallery-

-Featured Artist 2002/2003-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MuseEYES.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	5073  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-