Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Illustrator 10-- View Outlines *and* color

I see how to view only the outlines of an .ai vector image. How can I view and save the outlines and the color fills both together? I have Illustrator 10.

Thanks.
    IP

Default Re: Illustrator 10-- View Outlines *and* color

Not sure if I understand your question here! When you press Ctrl+Y or View - Outlines, you get an outline view of your drawing. This is a throwback to the times when Illy was a slow and ponderous programme and when computer memory was less and it gave you the ability to work at your drawing without having to wait years for it to re-draw and especially when you zoomed.

When you save your drawing it doesn't matter if your viewing in outline view it will still save the full drawing with colour fills and line colour. If you have selected and object and clicked the colour palette you will get the info on the colour of the fill and the colour of that ojects line colour. This palette gives you the ability to select the fill cour or change it by picking on the colour bar or change by giving a numerical value. If you have a read at the help files it will give you more info on this subject and show how easy it is to even remove the colour for both fill and lines.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Colour View.png 
Views:	230 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	83777  
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP