Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adobe follow Xara.

Looks like Adobe are following Xaras lead:
    http://muse.adobe.com/index.html

It looks maybe a little more advanced in some respects than Xtreme pro or web but a whole bunch of surprisingly similar concepts. One of the good side effects is that I hope people might take Xara and this way of web designing more seriously now!

Default Re: Adobe follow Xara.

Just poked around the adobe forums. Adobe intent to have this program as subscription only and if you stop subscribing you can't update your sites. Outrageous!
    I dropped a hint about Xara though ;-)

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Cheers Steve. I missed that. It's all very interesting.

It really makes sense for Adobe to do this. And they have the staff and the money to see it through.

It will be a very serious challenge for Xara and it could result in a better Xara product if Xara accepts the challenge and rises to the occasion.

Adobe intent to have this program as subscription only and if you stop subscribing you can't update your sites. Outrageous!
    I don't like that!

The good thing is people like alternatives (especially vs expensive adobe products), a huge amount of existing adobe users might now start to consider the easier/quicker method of wysiwyg as a more viable alterntaive vs the longer/harder process of designing/slicing/coding etc. and with a bit of luck it might actually bring more attention and customers to other wysiwg programs like Xara.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.