Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default SEO and the H1 etc tags

Everything I read about SEO indicates that there is some extra relevance given by the search engines to text contained in heading tags, such as H1, H2, etc. It does not appear that XWD uses heading tags. Does anyone with a deeper SEO background than me have any idea how much -- if any -- of a disadvantage that is?

Default Re: SEO and the H1 etc tags

This discussion comes up frequently in this forum. Do a search for H1 or H1 Tags.

There are ways to add an H1 tag but I am not sure there is a lot of evidence to support their effectiveness. ShapeShifter has posted on this topic and has a method for adding this tags/

I have got away with not having Hx tags so far, the common thinking AT THE MOMENT is they are not needed. I have read on many sites that large or bold text is just as good at the moment, the qualifier(s) are 'at the moment' because google could change what they look for at any time.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

If you look into the history of web pages and the use of H tags you will find they only exist because the typical text editors of old used to create web pages did not support using different size text. The H tags were used to tell a web browser to render highlighted text, often reversed colours and/or different colours on Unix/Linux and DOS screens. With the advent of Windows/MacIntosh graphics screens allowed the use of predefined text sizes when rendering the HTML according to which number followed the H character.

Google prefers the use of text sizes and/or bold text rather than the over used and outdated H tags.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Bill!

Great info on the origins of Hx tags. again another nail in the coffin of Hx tags, I have lost count of the times I have had to explain to customers that they are not needed (the H tags, not the customers) only for a competitor to say to them that they are essential.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

The WWW is a blessing and a curse all in one big package.

Because information will be floating around in cyber space for practically eternity there will be people that will always think that outdated information is "NEW" simply because they had never seen or read it before. H-tags are one example.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update