Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Private page seems shifted over - WD7

I have published a temporary website here: http://tlfmg-custom.com/art/index.htm. All of the elements on the pages are consistent on all of the pages except for the "private" page. I do not understand why everything moves to the left a few pixels when you click on "private". Any ideas?

The name and navigation are set to repeat on all pages and when I check in my WD7 file they are indeed in the same positions on every page. Could it have to do with it being a php page? Is it okay to have only one php page?

The password is "art"

Thank you in advance.
    Monica

Default Re: Private page seems shifted over - WD7

It appears that you have used the PHP Password Protect script from here? http://xara-users.info/demos/php-pas...tect/index.htm

Check that you have followed all he instructions carefully, for example, your login placeholder has not been sent to the back as required.

Is the negative margin value there to force the centering of the site? It can have unpredictable results, even though it is on at least eh home and private pages.

I note that when I remove it, the change does not affect the home page. However, removing the -500px negative value on the private page forces it way off to the right.

Is that value required for the PHP script? Or is it simply to force the centering?

Take care, Mike

You will see that line on any Xara exported page Mike.
    Open a blank web document and view the preview source.
    For example, File>New>955px Web page (xga) will show:

<body>
    <div class="xr_ap" id="xr_xr" style="width: 955px; height: 1000px; top:0px; left:50%; margin-left: -478px;">

It's not html which is added by the designer.
    Last edited by ShapeShifter; 21 August 2011 at 03:57 AM.

"It appears that you have used the PHP Password Protect script from here? http://xara-users.info/demos/php-pas...tect/index.htm
    Check that you have followed all he instructions carefully, for example, your login placeholder has not been sent to the back as required. "

Yes, I did use the password protect script. I followed all of the instructions except placing the placeholder to the very back because through experimentation I discovered that everything behind the placeholder remains visible while everything in front of the placeholder is invisible.

Before I log in the visible elements are shifted but after I log in they are in the correct location.

I decided to do a "fix" (or shall I call it a patch job?). I placed a copy of the logo and navigation behind the placeholder and moved it over to the right 7 pixels. Now they look like they are in the right position ... but I would prefer a better solution than my patch job. Have you ever had this happen?

It turns out that if I use WD6 there is no problem.