Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Making a flag wave?

I have Xara Design Pro 7, is it possible to make a Flag wave, like a real flag in the wind?

Michael

Default Re: Making a flag wave?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

As this thread is in the graphics area rather than the animation area are you looking for a still image of a waving flag?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    As this thread is in the graphics area rather than the animation area are you looking for a still image of a waving flag?
    I would have been happy to put this in the Animation Area, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be one on this Forum, at least not Directly , as it might be in one of the other Forums, but not that I could see.

I was hoping to be able to make a Flag wave as in animation, but looks like its not possible in Xara.

Thank anyway. I'll look and see if I can find a program that will do it.

Regards
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by nortonz View Post
    I was hoping to be able to make a Flag wave as in animation, but looks like its not possible in Xara.
    You missed my link I assume ?
    It seems possible, but it all depends how experienced you are with Xara's animation tools.

Draw your map using the Tools within Xara so it is all vector, not a bitmap (raster) image.

Group the shapes used to make the flag.

Copy the Group to a new Animation document. This will be Frame 1 by default.

Apply a Default Envelope using the Mould Tool, adjust the flag to look like it is waving.

Copy Frame 1 to create Frame 2.

Adjust the Mould Tool Default Envelope to change the flag shape. Repeat as necessary to create a full range of waving still images.

Preview your animation as an animated gif. Make any changes to individual frames so the animation looks the way you want.

Export your Animated gif.

The animated waving flag in the link Shapeshifter provided in an earlier post consists of only two frames.

Xara's Flash animation does not like working with Moulds so it would require a slightly different approach to create a Flash animated waving flag.

Work on creating an animated gif version and post your result.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update