Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Slowing the speed of the Sliding Slideshow Widget

Hey everyone, I am using the Sliding Slideshow widget on my homepage, but it seems to go very fast. I am wondering if it is possible to slow it down?

Thanks!

Default Re: Slowing the speed of the Sliding Slideshow Widget

No.

Well, yes - but you have to edit the easySlider1.7.js after you publish your site.

RE-POST*After much experimentation and searches within this forum, I think this will be a useful bit of advice to people asking about Widget Speed control.
    If you want to keep within the functionality of Xara, I suggest that once you are happy with your overall site, then just change the parameter that adjusts the speed of the slideshow within the widget.
    Save your site as normal, "Export Website" as usual, then navigate to "index_htm_files" then select "coin-slider_nonav.min" JScript Script File, right mouse and "open with" Notepad. Scroll to very last line of script and adjust the "delay" option to decrease speed. Remember to "save" (but not "save as", as we don't want a '.txt' file).
    Now make sure this is the one FTP'd to your server. I am sure this will be very handy to many people who have been frustrated by the speed of this otherwise great widget.

Quote Originally Posted by andymack View Post
    RE-POST*After much experimentation and searches within this forum, I think this will be a useful bit of advice to people asking about Widget Speed control.
    If you want to keep within the functionality of Xara, I suggest that once you are happy with your overall site, then just change the parameter that adjusts the speed of the slideshow within the widget.
    Save your site as normal, "Export Website" as usual, then navigate to "index_htm_files" then select "coin-slider_nonav.min" JScript Script File, right mouse and "open with" Notepad. Scroll to very last line of script and adjust the "delay" option to decrease speed. Remember to "save" (but not "save as", as we don't want a '.txt' file).
    Now make sure this is the one FTP'd to your server. I am sure this will be very handy to many people who have been frustrated by the speed of this otherwise great widget.
    Thanks!

andymack,

Fab!
    I found mine under easyslider 1.7 and then just did what you said!
    Now I have made it stay on the image longer do you have any idea how to make it transition faster?

Guy

Figured out how to make it transition faster.

In the script "speed:" refers to the transition time and "pause:" refers to ho long it stays on the slide!

Jobs a goodun!