Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: remove web stuff from xara designer

Consider yourself lucky to have better eyesight than some of us older folk.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Or a better monitor calibration

wish I could calibrate my eyes. Monitors are easy.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Instead of a double click toggling the sizing and rotation handles it now switches tools, very frustrating when you have to reselect the tool you want and then slowly click to get the handles you want.
    I actually like that double clicking changes to the appropriate tool, text, quickshape, etc. A time saver for my workflow, which is not web creation (in the Xara sense). And the fact that you can hover over the area between the handles and object for rotation makes this a non-issue for me personally...

this is thread about web stuff removal - not UI changes, and especially not monitor callibration.... if this goes on I shall need to split it again
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Some say the Web integration is responsible for some UI changes, I think that's where the connection is.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenWWinters View Post
    I actually like that double clicking changes to the appropriate tool, text, quickshape, etc. A time saver for my workflow, which is not web creation (in the Xara sense). And the fact that you can hover over the area between the handles and object for rotation makes this a non-issue for me personally...
    Steven in my opinion the new feature should not have replaced the existing feature but should have required the second click to activate.

Adding new features should be as transparent to existing users as possible. Modifying an existing feature simply to add a new feature causes unnecessary frustration.

Customer loyalty is a two way street. Loyalty to customers is required in order to receive loyalty from customers.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Suggestion: If you don't like the web features, DON'T USE THEM.

I have been working with Xara since 1996 and I cannot remember even one time when Xara forced me to use a tool or feature against my will.

Gary is right in my opinion - it is the same with any other aspect of the program eg: live effects

Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
    Some say the Web integration is responsible for some UI changes, I think that's where the connection is.
    which as we both know is rhubarb...

everyone please stay on topic; thanks
    Last edited by handrawn; 20 August 2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: clarity
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Gary,

Of course this thread was a split from another thread where I made a slightly off-hand comment in amongst other comments. these comments have validity, just as other comments in favor of additions in Dear Xara are. Perhaps that would have been a better forum to split the thread to.

I think this whole concept of splitting the program web features from XDP would not garner much notice *if* the design-side (features directly related to graphic design) of XDP kept pace with the additions and enhancements of web stuff.

So if you would be so kind to tell me this. Are you satisfied with the pace of stuff added, fixed or enhanced related directly to print design?

Of course no one needs to use the web stuff. I think that if for no other reason it is requested to split the applications could be more chalked up to frustration of the seemingly slow pace of devotion to print design enhancements, fixes or new features. Maybe it's just last gasp plea for development focus.

I would be willing to bet if print design features kept pace with web development stuff, this wouldn't be such a recurring theme.

Take care, Mike