Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help with downloading templates

Hi, I just purchased the web designer 7 premium and I can not get the templates to download. It tries to start, but then just stays at 0%. When I try to close it and restart it, it freezes up my whole computer. I have tried to clear my cookies and cache and such, as well as restarting my computer, but nothing seems to be working. Could someone please help me with this? I am running windows XP and using IE, not sure of the version but am about to update it.
    Last edited by mfloyd; 17 August 2011 at 04:33 PM.

Default Re: Help with downloading templates

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I have asked one of the folks at Xara to respond to this question. Please check back to see what they have to say. It might not be until tomorrow, but we will try to get an answer and get you creating soon.

Thanks I will keep checking

Hi. Can you let us know what security based applications you are running please?

Please initially check your my documents folder and browse the folder named MAGIX Downloads followed by the folder named Installationsmanager

Delete the contents of this folder should it exist. Next run the program and try to download and install the template pack again.

If difficulties continue, please submit a support request from http://support.xara.com and the support team will provide you with a direct link to retrieve the content installer.

Many thanks

Thanks bb2.

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    Hi. Can you let us know what security based applications you are running please?

Please initially check your my documents folder and browse the folder named MAGIX Downloads followed by the folder named Installationsmanager

Delete the contents of this folder should it exist. Next run the program and try to download and install the template pack again.

If difficulties continue, please submit a support request from http://support.xara.com and the support team will provide you with a direct link to retrieve the content installer.

Many thanks

Ok, I am running the CA Security Suite, however, I did disable it during this download attempt. I also did what was suggested with the Installationsmanager folder, then I tried to download again, it started to download but now it seems to be stuck at 30%, the time has not changed or the amount of MB downloaded. It has been this way for about an hour now. I would greatly appreciate any more suggestions.

Thanks