Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Xara Room

Default My Xara Room

Wow, I have been doing so many projects lately that I needed to build a room to hold them all. So here it is, My Xara Room! Actually, I could not figure out a proper background for my jukebox. So I thought, "what better background than a room." Well, the room seem kind of empty with just a jukebox, so I decided to add some furniture. So, here it is, My Xara Room. Everything in this room is vector. I started with some fractal texture for the drywall and then decided that I needed some wainscoting to protect the drywall. After I built the wainscoting, I decided that I needed a chair and so on...

I look forward to hearing some of your thoughts.

Paul

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jukebox3.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	83614

Default Re: My Xara Room

You started your post with the exact right word to describe the image, "WOW".

I like it very, very much.

It really sets a mood. As a lifelong musician, it makes me think of a nice, pleasant room where I can sit, undisturbed, and spin my favorite records and getting lost in the music. It's a strong flashback to childhood as well.

The Xara seems like it should be a bit more neon-like, but that's nitpicking...a disservice to a very nice image.

Thanks for sharing, Paul!

Peace

James

Very nice with a good sense for details! Brings me to a very nostalgic mood. I can hear Paul Anka, Pat Boone, Rick Nelson, Louis Prima & Kelly Smith to mention a few from that time.
    Sven-Ingvar O

Wow from me too! That is fantastic. Much much better now.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Yes, with all the modern conveniences of the iPod and computers, the old culture and style of listening to music is being lost. When I was growing up, going to a diner was an experience and entertaining, the jukebox was lit up, people were dancing and everyone would join the atmosphere. We still have some old 50s diners around us that are being supported by some nostalgic car clubs which creates a wonderful atmosphere. You do not get that in today's modern diners. Thank you for your comments and I'm glad that you enjoyed the room.

Well Wizard509, This actually evolved from your comments in my jukebox thread. I have a hard time with creating backdrops for my artwork. I was spending a lot of time playing with different backdrops that ended up not being much better than the ones that I had previously submitted. That was when I decided to create a wall which escalated into a room. Thank you for the comments and the encouragement, you are helping me grow.

Paul

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

The whole image is just wonderful. I like the rich feeling of the wood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

And I see you also did Gary's clock tutorial....very nice indeed. I remember being about 4 or 5 going into a cafe with my grandfather and parents. We were travelling on a carnival in those days and would sometimes stop between gigs to eat breakfast at these small towns. Well, they had these types of JBs and background.....you put in a nickel or dime and played it right from where you sat, you could leaf through the songs, it was really an amazing tactile feeling.

You've done very well to capture the essence of that feeling.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Yes, not only the clock tutorial but the last picture frame tutorial also. I was trying to add some of the work that I had been doing in Xara into my Xara room. Unfortunately, the room started getting cluttered. So I just selected a few appropriate pieces. I've added a little more glitter to the jukebox along with some crown molding to finish off the room. Here is my final image of the Xara room. At least until somebody makes another comment and/or I figure out something else that would be appropriate to add. Thank you for your support and all your wonderful comments.

Paul

Views:	189 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	83672

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    Here is my final image of the Xara room.
    Paul

Views:	189 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	83672
    I know the feeling of never being satisfied and wanting to try to improve to perfection, and there is nothing wrong with that ! But I would leave it as it is right now, Paul - it's magnificent.
    Guy -

I love these tools

Very hot Arizona...but it's a dry heat :)

Very nice and a job well done!