Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Stretchy Buttons - Do Not Stretch Enough - Words Leak Out

Have Web Designer 7 Premium on XP.

Used the blue stretchy button from the gallery. It stretched perfectly when I typed "More Info on Live Retouching".

Then I dragged a separete ( and a copy afterwards when it didnt work) stretchy to the page and typed "More info in DVD Training" and the words went outside the button slightly. Then I did a third stretchy button for a non tabbed link use...and now the words "More Info on Retouch Bruhes" worked teribly. 1/2 the letters were out of the button. Sometimes this button affected the other nearby button as well.

Whats happening? Why cant I put type inside a stretchy so its stable and predictable? Am I doing something wrong...some rule im violating. The first button with alot of words is always fine...the second button mis-behaves slightly and then the third button is totally out of sorts.

Any ideas on how to make sticky buttons work well? Any tricks?

Thanks

Suzzie

Default Re: Stretchy Buttons - Do Not Stretch Enough - Words Leak Out

I tried two of the few blue button styles, can't repeat the problem Suzzie.

Have a look at the attached xar, do the words overflow the button in that file too?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-08-17_192830.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	83618  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Sahape Shifter.

Your buttons work just fine for you it seems. You had a lot of characters and no apparent problems.

Attached is a live realtime video clip showing my bad behavior buttons and what I am doing.

My tech guy will show you the actual problem we are having.

Thanks for any help

Here is the link to the video. It will bring you to the clip where you can watch what we are doing. We are trying to re-create and dress up the 3 link buttons shown...with little success. Go to full screen in the video clip so you can see all the details.

http://screencast.com/t/SuuMNGtY

Cheers,

What happens when you try this with the same stretchy button but on a new clean page template?

It looks to me like there some strange live copy + repelling going on possibly caused by something else on your page. But without your file I'm only guessing.
    I certainly cannot repeat this effect with the same button.