Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Javascript slideshow in Xara Designer Pro 7

I want to put a javascript slideshow banner rotator on my home page.
    The software I used to make it, said to put the HTML code in the "head" and "body" sections respectively.

I made a rectangular placeholder (same exact dimensions as the banner rotator slideshow), and put the HTML codes in their respective places under "head" and "body" that the slideshow program had generated.

Doesn't work in Xara when I preview it in IE and Chrome browsers...don't know what I'm doing wrong. Does anybody know the exact steps to putting a javascript slideshow on your Xara site? It's probably easy, but I just need the specific steps to make it work. Thank you.

Default Re: Javascript slideshow in Xara Designer Pro 7

Welcome to TalkGraphics

The javascript probably specifies a location for the images and that is where the browser is looking for the images.

You may need to edit the javascript to point to your index_html_files folder or where you put the images for the slide show.

If you post the javascripts here, one of the members may be able to tell you how to modify the script.

Question Re: Javascript slideshow in Xara Designer Pro 7

Here is the javascript that is generated by the program. I don't know how to get it working in Xara DP7. How do I get this to work? Thank you for your help.

This goes in the head:

<!-- Begin Publishing Scripts of 123 JavaScript Slideshow for Head -->
    <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="_ds_css/showcase-demo.2.0.css" />
    <script type="text/javascript" src="_ds_js/jquery-1.4.1.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="_ds_js/jquery.showcase.2.0.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="_ds_js/jquery.easing.1.3.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="_ds_js/ds_jss.js"></script>
    <!-- End Publishing Scripts of 123 JavaScript Slideshow for Head -->

This goes in the body:

<!-- Begin Publishing Scripts of 123 JavaScript Slideshow for Body -->
    <div id="ds_showcase"></div>
    <!-- End Publishing Scripts of 123 JavaScript Slideshow for Body -->

Where are you placing the *.js and *.css files that are being called in that head section?

Also, where are your images?

Remember, that Xara looks in the index_htm_files folder for all it's assets.
    This always means some code editing is involved with third party scripts in order for them to work with Xara. It's rather more than just placing code in placeholders in these cases.

Can you show us a demo of the actual banner rotator you are wanting to use>

OK, I've tried EVERYTHING I could to get this banner rotator working...can't get it to work in Xara DP7. Here's the demo of what it's supposed to look like (a re-sizable banner rotator that can be inserted anywhere on your web page):
    http://www.dreamingsoft.com/123-java...show/demos.htm

http://www.dreamingsoft.com/123-javascript-slideshow/

The js & css files are located in two separate folders in my "mySite_xar_files" folder. PLEASE HELP!!!