Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New site not live

I posted a thread two or three days ago about publishing a new site. It is an addon domain. I uploaded the site more than 48 hours ago, but it has not gone live yet!
    I've checked my Cpanel and there is a folder with the new site name on it, so I'm not sure why it's not showing on the net.
    Has anyone any ideas on what I might check, or how I might go about tracking the problem?
    Thanks Guys.

Default Re: New site not live

What is the URL? 48 hours is too long for a site not to appear. This generally happens in under 24 hours and often it happens almost at once.However, is the new folder with your files in the correct location? Does it need to be in a sub-folder such as public_html/ ? If the files are one the server but not in the correct sub-folder (if this is required--it varies from one web host to another), then the site will never appear.

Check with your web host's tech support to see if you published your files correctly and if not they can usually move them for you.

Hi again Gary,
    The new site is www.jobclubonline.com

When publishing in Xara I entered the following in the Web Page Properties (is it called a dialogue box) under 'Publish' I entered the following info.

FTP host address : www.jobclubonline.com
    FTP Username : ..... my Cpanel/FTP username
    FTP Password : ....my Cpanel/FTP password
    Subfolder : /public_html/jobclubonline.com

I've being typing www.jobclubonline.com when searching for the site. I'm just wondering if maybe it is live but I need to use the actual URL for a while?
    What would the actual URL be for the site?
    My Main domain is legato.org.uk.

Thanks for your help Gary
    Eoinmc

That's odd. When I posted the above reply, my domain address turned into a link and when I clicked on it my site page came up?
    So it looks like I am live after all - but I don't get it - how come it works when I click a link but not when I type in the address?

I have a page for the above mentioned site that I don't want accessed via the navigation bar, but I do want accessed via a direct link to that specific page. I will be emailing the link to individuals.
    In the web page properties box under 'page' I have put ws1p1 as the page file name.
    What would be the URL for that specific page, so that I can send out the link?

How did you decide on the colours when designing the page?

I didn't really. It's one of the templates provided by Xara, and I think I just checked through the colour themes that were available for that site and picked one.

For that particular site, functionality is my main concern so I'm not too hung up on the design just yet.

I assume that your asking about the colour has nothing to do with my publication problems? lol
    So do you approve or disapprove of the colour scheme?
    Regards Paul,
    Eoinmc

I think there are quite a few differrent shades, a few too many for me, but we're all differrent.

I don't see a navigation bar. But if you create a navigation bar, you can delete any page or pages you do not want to be visible.

Double click on the navigation bar to open the Navigation Bar Properties dialog. Select the page you wish to delete and press Delete.

This only removes the button and not the page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nav-bar-props.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	83568  

Quote Originally Posted by eoinmc View Post
    I have a page for the above mentioned site that I don't want accessed via the navigation bar, but I do want accessed via a direct link to that specific page. I will be emailing the link to individuals.
    In the web page properties box under 'page' I have put ws1p1 as the page file name.
    What would be the URL for that specific page, so that I can send out the link?
    It should be the page name with .htm on it.

http://www.jobclubonline.com/ws1p1.htm

seems to be working so I'm guessing that is the page url you don't want in your nav bar.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com