Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: two photos

Default Re: two photos

The camera does the same with shots of Aurora angelize. What we see with our eye in that instant is no where near as intense as what the camera catches with a slow shutter speed where rays might move up and down doz of times on a open shutter for 30sec or more.
    It is amazing what the camera will capture that the eye does not see at times when it comes to optics. Great fun and some wonderful surprises, you have a special shot there, something different to the normal sunset. I enjoyed it very much.
    IP

Kshep's description of the sunset and why it appears to be two suns is very accurate. It occurs in some areas of the world very often so it looks quite natural to some people but very odd to others.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Thanks for the update. I've never seen such a view, so I did wonder if it was as it should be. Now I know. Nice work and a beautiful "double" sunset!

[edit:

Looking again at the image, it really is the oddest looking thing. The "lower" sun looks slightly displaced to the left in comparison with the sun that pops out from behind the cloud and the reflection on the sea. Even more remarkable, it appears to pop up from behind some land, but on my monitor it looks like land behind it too, so it really is a very unusual image.
    ]
    Last edited by pauland; 14 September 2011 at 07:32 AM.
    IP