Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Page & separate actions for letters

I just purchased 7 and in the video it shows how to make each individual letter do something different. I achieved that when my text is on one page. The problem is when I use the page break feature it won't work, when I change one letter it changes all the text on every page.

My other question is, is there an easy way to see all (text) pages at once without using the timeline feature. When I use the text button on the side of the screen I can see all the text and can change fonts, etc., but cannot change animation, etc through this screen.

Default Re: Page & separate actions for letters

Welcome to the forum, AJW.
    In Xara3d7 typing text, when you hit Enter, you start a fresh page. Use Shift-Enter to start a new line within the same page. You cannot see all the pages at once in the main screen. Use PageUp and PageDown keys to see the different pages.

If yo wish to edit text in the main screen, you must activate the cursor, by clicking on the a|b button, then positioning it to where you want to start typing. If no cursor is showing, then what you type will replace anything that was there before.

The Text screen is specifically for text, if you want to do other things to it then this must be within the main screen.

Mike