Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Fit To Screen

Default Fit To Screen

On WD 6 is there an option to have the website I made "fit to screen" so that no matter what size monitor someone views it on or what settings they have, there is no scrolling? For some reason, the website I made is different on every monitor I view it on. Some it will scroll, some it won't, others my text will be in a completely different place than where I placed it in WD.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Justin

Default Re: Fit To Screen

On WD 6 is there an option to have the website I made "fit to screen"
    No.

Justin, Web Designer is a WYSI-exactly-WYG Web Design application which creates 'absolute positioned HTML fixed-width websites.
    Yes, some monitors won't be tall enough to accommodate the height of your pages, therefore a scroll bar appears, courtesy of your browser
    Fluid or dynamic HTML cannot be WYSIWYG because the object positions change to 'fill' the size of the browser window.

This question has been asked so many times I'm sure the answer is very easy to find.
    If you look around the web today, the greater percentage of websites are fixed width.

so what would be the standard for the width of a website?

The good thing about standards is there are many to choose from

WD comes supplied with three web page templates you could choose.

But feel free to create your own. You could even make a horizontally scrolling webpage if you wanted! There's no rules against it