Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Peacock in Webdesigner introduction

Hi, I have several times tried to understand but was not able, how the Peacock on the second page of the program introduction of Web Designer Pro is made?

As I can see it is a soft group basically, but where is the link between them?

thanks,

Default Re: Peacock in Webdesigner introduction

It is a simple mouse over effect. OK, no, look in the Page and Layer Gallery. They have created a pop up layer, Peacock and placed the colored photo on that layer.

The mouse off Peacock links to the pop-up layer via Web Properties > Mouse-Over > Show pop up layer. But just to show how clever they can be (and to confuse us the users) the text in on the Mouse Over layer.

I would simply add the color photo and modified text to the pop up layer. The effect would be exactly the same and create less code.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peacock.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	83438  

Gary thanks, well I am a user who seems very can be confused with this :-) Because still can not find the popup text concretely from where comes. I can see in working that the mouse goes over the image, the peacock becames colorful, and right after comes the image text.

So on the MouseOff layer if right click on the picture, there Web properties/Mouse-over/Show popup text(Title), there is word <Many>.

Basically how can be check what is this <Many>? I assume more than one of something, also confusing me that the radio button is not selected at Show popup text, just there is the <Many>

thanks,

I saw the <Many> too. How un-useful is that?

I suspect that you would need to do a prodigious amount of ungrouping and removing of soft groups before you could find the links. But we know by the tool tip (not by any sleuthing on my part) that the text is on the Mouse Over layer and the color photo is on the Peacock layer. Because the mouseoff and mouseover layers are soft grouped, one must assume the mouse off links both to the mouseover, and to the Peacock layer.

I am still trying with a simple examle, applying these steps
    1) File/New/640 pix web page, it has as a default two layers, MouseOff and MouseOver
    2) Select the MouseOff layer and draw a black rectangle
    3) Select the MouseOver layer and draw a green rectangle
    Do I have to after right click on the black rectangle and define something in the Web properties/Mouse over tab? To show have the effect that if the mouse is over the black rectangle, the green comes up?

Basically with adding a Layer3 and placing the green rectangle on that one, after defining for black rectangle that the Layer3 is popup layer, it works perfectly. But somehow can not reproduce with the default layers MouseOff and MouseOver.

thanks,
    Zsolt

The object on the MouseOff layer has to be linked to the object on the MouseOver layer with an URL (even # will suffice)

This is for image rollovers on website where the effect is applied to a button or other graphics with a common link.

See attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks very much the example file, could you please have a short look on my attached one?

So basically any link can be behind, it really works fine like this. I have also drawed now a second rectangle grey and yellow on both MouseOff and MouseOver layer, in that case the Designer knows automatically that which is behind so black-green and grey-yellow are the pairs? If there were 50 rectangles then would use this logic that which object is which behind in pixels percents and those are pairs?

Also copied into the file the Peacock, but so this use a different version, because right click Web properties no link behind, neither mouse over. Just the <Many> there. With the rectangles how this method could be applied?

thanks,
    Zsolt
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have just perceived one thing, if the Soft group is removed from the Peacock, it is still working.

Additionally, in the right click Web properties, the <Many> disappears, instead of that at the Show popup layer the Peacock appears.

So briefly it is simple solved with popup layer and thats all. Just confusing that why can not be seen if that is soft group. For me the conclusion that in two ways can be done mouseover effect, with 1) web link or # as ShapeShifter showed, or 2) Pop-up layer.

And there is no any 3) Peacock method :-) Because that is just the same pop-up, thanks the help to everyone that it is cleared for me so for a beginner user.