Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: H1 title

Default H1 title

Does anyone know how to add a H1 title in DP7 for SEO?

Default Re: H1 title

Do a search. This has come up frequently and I believe there have been a few suggestions. If I knew the answer I would share it, but I have never worried about H1 tags and so have never bothered to remember the answer to your question.

Thanks Gary.
    Athman on the Xara Users forum replied with this if anyone else is wishing to use the H1 tag:

Google doesn't care much about H1 any more. They recognise font point size and weight for importance.

Anyway, if you must use old school H1, this is how you can do it in Xara Web Designer.

Type your text. Then prepend and append the string with a random character like this ;

►This is H1 Text◄

Here I have used the alt+16 character and the alt+17 character.
    I will use each of these characters as a placeholder for the header tags.
    So, in Web Properties, the ► will be used for <h1> while the ◄ will be used for </h1>

He's the man!

My feeling has always been, have good and unique content and it will get found.

More important than H1 tags are a good descriptive title that highlights the sites content. For example, instead of Bob Brown for a title, Bob Brown - Website and Graphics Design. And a descriptive domain name as well. BobBrownDesign or Bob-Brown-Graphic-Design.com. And your description is important. There is some debate on the importance of keywords but I would add 10-12 just to be on the safe side.

Then make sure that the home page of your site has some text and pays off the title, and description.

If you don't do these things, then the search engine is not going to even get to your site to see your H1 tags. Ya know?
    Last edited by gwpriester; 08 August 2011 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    If you don't do these things, then the search engine is not going to even get to your site to see your H1 tags. Ya know?
    Except the search engine bots first need to get there to know you didn't do these things

But yes, I agree 'content is king' and more importantly 'unique' content. Google can recognize (and penalize you) content duplicated from other sites.