Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Does Web Designer 7 work on a Mac using Parallels?

I don't know, I've been using Win7 since the free beta, and haven't had any problems with it at all.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Ah, another Mac v Win thread.. I'll get the popcorn

Anyway Allan, there's a lot of folks using Xara on a Mac via a virtual machine - so good luck and keep this thread updated with your progress and experiences yeh?

and it's in the wrong forum technically - but as the advice applies to xara designer too, I'm inclined to leave it....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Not sure why you want a Mac. Is it anything specific?

I have always used Windows machines because you get so much more of everything, except the great Apple design. I am among other things a professional designer and website designer and I have never had a client ask, what platform do you work on. The computer is a tool, and I always opt for the most tool for the money.
    Gary, try working on a Mac and you see the difference :-) I also used the argument that the computer is just a tool and you get more bang for the bucks when buying a Win-PC and Macs are just good marketing and design before being a tool. And I still partly agree, but after getting my Macbook Pro I can't see myself switching back to a PC/ for a long time! Simply the multitouch mousepad entertains you for days :-)

OK, I don't say it's perfect but neither is the PC - each have theirs strengths and they are both tools. The difference is that my Macbook Pro is more fun to use!

-Paul
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

bit like raster versus vector - 'c'est la vie'
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Paul - Can I borrow yours? I'm too cheap to buy one!

I did the website for our local paper for three years. The publisher would send me her files and I would add the content to the site.

The same paper just featured some artist this month who does those 3D stereogram thingies.

My point? Barb had a very sophisticated Mac setup with all the latest Adobe CS software.

Frequently she would complain about her Mac crashing and losing her work. I always responded with an ironic chuckle, "Those things only happen to Windows users!"
    Last edited by gwpriester; 09 August 2011 at 06:22 PM.

Hi Allan,
    Just want to chime in here as I've moved to a macbook pro this year, when they put in the Sandy Bridge processor. I got it because I ride my bike with it either on my back or in panniers, so wanted the robustness of the unibody aluminum (and that delightful glass touchpad).
    Anyway, what I really wanted to suggest to you is to maybe go with bootcamp instead of parallels. Most of my work is 3D and my (windows-based) apps are resource-intensive. I wanted to be sure that I did as little as possible to cripple the windows side - which I understand that emulators (like parallels) do. Just something to keep in mind...
    Cheers!