Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Faux navbar/menu

Because I didn't like any of the navbar options that come with the program for a website I'm currently doing, I created simple text links at the top of each page to navigate to other pages. They work fine on all but the index/home page. Can't figure out why. I also didn't use any of the templates on offer, but started the pages from scratch. Having done so, am I missing essential codes or something? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks! Pamela

Default Re: Faux navbar/menu

Hello Pamela

Are your text buttons linked? And are the ones that are not working on the Mouse Off layer.

More importantly, since you did not list any Xara products when you registered for this forum, are you using a Xara product? And if so, which one.

Sorry. Using WD7 Premium. Yes, they're linked. I've replaced them with a navbar that I can work with visually that I found, copied & pasted from one of the template that comes with the program. Still the same problem. I've attached (I hope) screen shots of the index page (that doesn't work correctly) and a page that does. Thanks, Gary, as always!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page-not_correct.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	83406   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page-correct.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	83407  

Ack. That does not look right.

Check your layers. It looks like there might be some detritus left over.

If the file is not too large you can post it here and let us have a look.

OMG, you said the magic word! Detritus! That was exactly what it was, and it hadn't even occurred to me to check. My bad - but I've learnt something that will serve me well as I continue to learn this wonderful program! You are a STAR and my HERO! Every time I come to this forum, I'm amazed how quickly someone comes up with the answer to questions, and it's usually you - at least in my case! Thank you, Gary, you've saved the day!

It's my job, mam.