Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Highside slide show

2 Questions -

1 - Anyone know why this slide show does not show the pics in the order in which they are placed, one on top of the other?

I have tried this several times and they get out of order - not so much of a problem with pics but I am putting up family tree - turned text to bitmap - and they need to be in order.

In the pics, some are of different sizes - could this be the problem? So far, the names have come up OK but I have a lot more to ad - just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem.

2 - any way to get rid of the frame that highside puts around the objects? I really don't want to have it there.

Tks - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Highside slide show

You can remove the HD border using .CSS in the document <head> like this: http://xara-users.info/demos/custom-highslide/index.htm

The slide order can be set in the object layer gallery, drag and drop them where you want them.

Ah, tks, Shape - take care - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Shape, I placed the code you have above into both the "head" and the "body" - not at the same time - and still have the border around pics. (See attached file). - jb
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Jeb I'm not sure why you pasted the URL to the demo page in the <head> area of your document, but this is never going to work.
    You need to follow the steps as shown on that page and add the CSS to placeholders.

Attached is your corrected file.

Also note that you have not used a web page template, so you don't have any mouseoff or mouseover layers.
    Also remember to optimize your JPGs, your file was 944Kb whereas my file is 119Kb after I optimized JPGs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Shape, the reason I put it in the "head" was your post -

"You can remove the HD border using .CSS in the document <head> like this: http://xara-users.info/demos/custom-highslide/index.htm"

So I copied it and put it in the head. Have clicked on the link and read through the page - nice work.

These are just test I am doing trying to figure out how things work - will optimize when I actually make the site.

And the file I attached works in preview - yours does not.

Tks for the help - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Quote Originally Posted by jeb View Post
    "You can remove the HD border using .CSS in the document <head> like this: http://xara-users.info/demos/custom-highslide/index.htm"

So I copied it and put it in the head

Quote Originally Posted by jeb View Post
    And the file I attached works in preview - yours does not.
    Yours is just using the unmodified Xara built-in HighSlide, all of your added code is 100% incorrect.
    Mine certainly does work. Perhaps you broke it

Here's my file live and online: CLICK

Good luck.

Well, I click on the link you had before and I click on the one you just posted and I get one and one only picture that comes up - no slide show. Don't know what I could do to break it. - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Jeb, you need to click the first image to start the slideshow.

You asked:
    2 - any way to get rid of the frame that highside puts around the objects? I really don't want to have it there.
    And this is what I helped you with.
    If you wanted 'autostarting' slideshow Jeb, you didn't mention it anywhere here.

Ah - did not think of having to start a slide show - makes sense to have that options, however.

I think I will use the Frobee.com one - I think you are the one that posted that link on one of the threads.

Tks for the help - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com