Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default 2 Animated rings

So I am trying to make something that has 2 animated rings.

So it would be like
    http://i.minus.com/ilCjsE.gif
    but there would be a second octagon that spins in a different direction, how could I accomplish this?

Default Re: 2 Animated rings

Welcome to the forum, Bigandrewgold.

If we are just talking about two octagons spinning, then you can select one by clicking on the cursor button (looks like a|b). Position the cursor beside one of the octagons, then hold shift while hitting one of the arrow keys to move the cursor across the octagon.
    You can then amend the direction of spin in the animation dialogue box.

If you don't have the cursor on, then amending the spin direction affects bot octagons.

See the attached x3d file for a similar situation.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok, well 2 more things

1-How can I make the yellow ring not attached to the letter
    and
    2-How can I make the rings at different distances?

That is cool Mike.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

1-How can I make the yellow ring not attached to the letter. - If we are talking about the dizzy.x3d file just use one of the other rings. You can select each ring independently, and set its rotation axis without affecting the other objects. You can also set its colour and other attributes independently, as well.

2-How can I make the rings at different distances? - Not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean with different diameters, or separated along an x- or y-axis?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by simsmj View Post
    1-How can I make the yellow ring not attached to the letter. - If we are talking about the dizzy.x3d file just use one of the other rings. You can select each ring independently, and set its rotation axis without affecting the other objects. You can also set its colour and other attributes independently, as well.

2-How can I make the rings at different distances? - Not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean with different diameters, or separated along an x- or y-axis?

Mike
    1-as far as I can tell the yellow circle is tied to the yellow x because I am unable to select them independetly.

2-different diameters

1- In that specific x3d file, the yellow x and its ring were imported as a single object, while the other rings were imported separately. If you need three rings, just copy one of the existing ones, and make that yellow. You can then add text or import other objects.

2- You can select a ring and change its size from the menu bar in the font size field, usually it says "Fit to width". You can change this to 5%-400%. If you adjust something this way, then you may well find you have to do some repositioning as well, by varying line sizes and/or adding space characters on one side or the other of an object.

Mike