Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Wink Fullscreen background

Don't worry I am not going to ask how to create a full screen background. ;-)

However I do have an issue that I need some help testing. I have almost finished this website for a client www.charterfisnz.com.
    I designed it so that there should be a full screen background. I have a 22inch monitor and so does he. On his computer its not full screen background but tiled, however on my computers it works - I have tried a few other computers but it seems ok.

I would really appreciate it if a few of you guys could look at the site quickly and let me know if its full screen or tiled.

Thanks in advance I would appreciate the help.

JP

Default Re: Fullscreen background

Viewed on 23" @ 1920 x 1080

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ex1.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	83384
    “When everybody thinks alike, Everyone is likely to be wrong”
    http://antonybrook.co.uk/index.htm

Yeah, the backround image does seem to be tiled, if you zoom out in the browser you can see the tiling effect aswell. Maybe his browser is zoomed out, or if you have a long page you'll probabaly see the tile effect or maybe he is usnig a higher resolution like in antspants image even though the monitors are the same size. Best thing might be to not tile the image, just center it at the top and maybe apply a gradient to the edges of the background image so it blends with the page background color. Or use an even bigger image but that might end up increasing page load time quite a bit and it doesn't cover against long pages.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

OK - Background image is slightly too small - cool thanks. The way they where explaining it was it was tiling and not just a sizing issue.

Might be time to upgrade to a larger screen ;-)

Thanks Antspants

Jp

Jp,
    On my 24 inch monitor your background tiled at top resolution, but not at 1280x800. I had the exact same problem and resolved it with help from this forum (ShapeShifter) at this thread: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ard-image-help... The key was using 2 tweaks: Static Background and Do Not Tile Background.