Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PNG Export setting should inherit last used settings

This request stems from a common use case of exporting the whole page area as PNG.
    After such previous export when user returns to PNG Export Bitmap Options window and to Bitmap Size tab, the Area To Save is always either Drawing (default?) or Selection.

So I cannot export web or mobile screens fast, because I always have to go to Export Settings and Area To Save setting and change that. This is non uniform behavior with such setting as Colour Depth which is set always at the last used setting.

Default Re: PNG Export setting should inherit last used settings

My solution to this has always been to create a rectangle the size of the page (usually on its own layer), and give it no fill and no line. Then when you export, selecting Drawing or page would result in the same area being exported. This is a workaround, and admittedly it's fairly clunky, so I'd say +1 on this option. It's very rare that I create an image designed to be exported to PNG and I haven't specifically set the page size to the desired outer boundary.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Default Re: PNG Export setting should inherit last used settings

Quote Originally Posted by ad1066 View Post
    My solution to this has always been to create a rectangle the size of the page (usually on its own layer), and give it no fill and no line. Then when you export, selecting Drawing or page would result in the same area being exported. This is a workaround, and admittedly it's fairly clunky, so I'd say +1 on this option. It's very rare that I create an image designed to be exported to PNG and I haven't specifically set the page size to the desired outer boundary.

-- Ben
    Thanks, Ben. I think you have a good workaround.
    I use it too when we I layout a massive screen and draw tens of web/mobile screens on it and linked the screens to show interactions.
    I still hope the export window could remember last settings.