Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Is it possible to edit outside of XWD7

Hi all

May i ask you all for some assistance regarding websites that have been created using XWD7 premium, if i was to make a website for someone using XWD7 premium, would it be possible for the client to alter and add stuff to it if they didnt have any Xara WD software, or would i have to either edit it myself as and when required or would the client have to purchase Xara software to do this?
    Many thanks for any help in this matter

Default Re: Is it possible to edit outside of XWD7

Quote Originally Posted by skully View Post
    ........would it be possible for the client to alter and add stuff to it if they didnt have any Xara WD software
    Short answer?
    No.

Thanks for that ShapeShifter, I guessed that's what the answer might be

The purpose of XWD7 is to easily design webpages and generate industry standard HTML code. From that code base, you can manipulate any HTML element/tag by its ElementID, using the JavaScript function getElementById (via the DOM). So for example, an empty DIV tag named my_rectangle (i.e. <div id="my_rectangle"></div>) could be updated with content from a database using JavaScript code. A statement in script thereafter calls a php script to look-up a field in a database table (i.e in MySQL RDMS) for the content that needs to be displayed in my_rectangle. Once the data is returned, the JavaScript code can set (update) the Element that should display the new content.