Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Finding Placeholder Code for Imported SWF

Hi

In the previous versions of Web Designer and Designer Pro it was possible to import an object, in my case an SWF object, then click on the Placeholder tab to edit the generated code. That's now changed. Please, where do I find the HTML code to edit the parameters of a Flash SWF file?

Thanks.

Default Re: Finding Placeholder Code for Imported SWF

Are you sure? I don't think so.
    Nothing has changed from version 6 of WD or DP to version 7 in this regard on my system.
    WD5 couldn't import SWF, so that's a positive change

What you can do is to preview the page after importing your SWF, right-click to view the source in the preview window, copy the <object> to </object> code block then go back to your design, select the generated placeholder image and go to Web Properties>Placeholder>Replace with HTML code and paste the copied code into the editor. You can then make your modifications there.

Using DP 7 and looking at the dialog box for Web Properties and then clicking the Placeholder tab, I get a Placeholder dialog that is modified from DP 6 to include a new two-button section for inserting code. The new buttons are "HTML code (body)" and "HTML code (head)". In the same dialog for DP 6 there was merely a radio button designated "Replace with HTML code" and under that was a text box area in which the code appeared -- great for immediately editing the tags. I used to have to perform edits when placing an mp4 movie on the stage to alter the loop setting to false and to add the transparency tag to show an image placeholder for the movie that displayed in both Explorer and Firefox. Has the new HTML 5 setting for mp4 content fixed the need for those edits? I preferred seeing the immediate appearance of the code as opposed to an extra preview, copy and paste procedure. Thanks all the same, though.

Yes, that's right - version 7 includes buttons for specific HEAD or BODY code, plus a resizable editor window.
    However, the object embed code for imported SWF was not entered by the application into the Replace with HTM Code editor window as you state.
    You can do this manually by the method I explained above - but it doesn't appear automatically after importing/drag'n'dropping a SWF file into your document as you suggested in version 6.

MP4 is a different matter and yes, the code does appear as you say - but I was responding to your topic (Finding Placeholder Code for Imported SWF) and the opening post where you asked:
    Please, where do I find the HTML code to edit the parameters of a Flash SWF file?

Yes, touche! The moral here is obviously not to mix your mp4 and swf cocktails in the same glass, which is what I mistakenly did. :-)