Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default how to tackle this project client wants a mini store and he wants to update it

I have a client that needs a website, but he wants to have like a mini store, here is the tricky part. He does Not want to sell online just locally but he wants to have like a stock page where people can check the stuff he has available for sell and if a certain item is out of stock or how many of those items he has.

He wants to update the website himself to avoid contacting me every time he needs a change just on his "mini store". Has anyone ever done anything like this? If you have some advice please let me know, if not I will try to use one of those eCommerce widgets from xara.

Default Re: how to tackle this project client wants a mini store and he wants to update it

That project is way beyond Xara. There are a load of e-commerce solutions out there, but essentially he's asking for an ecommerce solution linked to a stock control application.

Default Re: how to tackle this project client wants a mini store and he wants to update it

Would xtom's new CMS kit for Xara fit the bill? http://www.xt-cms.com

[QUOTE=raint567;411185]I have a client that needs a website, but he wants to have like a mini store, here is the tricky part. He does Not want to sell online just locally but he wants to have like a stock page where people can check the stuff he has available for sell and if a certain item is out of stock or how many of those items he has.

I know that PayPal Merchant services has the ability to maintain inventory control for you but not sure if that would work for you in this instance.

Just go to ecwid.com, they have a great little hosted online shop, the client can make changes to it without having access to the websites code. Also there is some css code on the knowledge base which allows you to display everything such as price, stock level etc but you can disable the buy now buttons. Very easy to integrate into xara web designer using a placeholder, it is also free for upto 100 products.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    Just go to ecwid.com, they have a great little hosted online shop, the client can make changes to it without having access to the websites code. Also there is some css code on the knowledge base which allows you to display everything such as price, stock level etc but you can disable the buy now buttons. Very easy to integrate into xara web designer using a placeholder, it is also free for upto 100 products.
    wow ecwid is something I could really use thanks, by the way I like your website Skech the slideshow is amazing with those effects.

thank you! the slideshows etc were made using snacktools.com

I have the same question. The setup of an online stock list ("shopfront") without necessarily the buy online options - so effectively being able to link into existing stock management software to show a product photo and availability, so customers can know what is available in their highstreet shop.

raint567 did you achieve what you needed with ecwid? and is it possible to link to an existing stock management system by exporting the files, or does your stock management have to actually be done in ecwid its self? ... similarly with PayPal? if anyone knows. Basically is it possible to export from stock management software into something which could display the results neatly in Xara? My client doesn't mind exporting the files at a given time of day, if that helps so it doesnt have to be live data as such.

You can actually use ecwid to create an online catalogue which shows your products but without the shopping option. You can use a CSV (comma separated value) file to upload your products with prices etc.