Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: A community project

Very nice, Larry. Hard to see the link with the original picture, but I guess that's true for every kaleidosocope.
    Guy -

I love these tools

Hello Larry,

Hey, you're making some real headway!

That looks quite kaleidoscopic...

Peace

James

Thanks Guy, and James. This was made from the same image as the previous one using the kaleidoscope image put together by ShapeShifter. It is my desire to keep this a community project and build from the work of others. Therefore if anyone has any suggestions on where to go from here or what you may like or dislike let me know. When I get to my computer I'll remove that big mask so you con see how this thing works. i am still hoping that someone will get involved and claim the title of Kaleidoscope Master because Rik has kindly designed certificate to be presented to that person and signed by me. Therefore I would rather someone on this forum other then me claim the prize.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

This is the kaleidoscop pattern made by ShapeShifter from the origional Tractor and shed image. Don't ask me why I didn't use the entire image instead of a rectangular part of it because I don't know. I guess at the time I thought it was the thing to do.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kaleidoscope Pattern.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	175.3 KB 
ID:	83624

Here is my animation without the masks

Latest Kaleidoscope without mask.swf

Xara file fot you to use and make any improvements or as the basis for further work.
    Maybe use more frames and rotate some I don't know yet. Oh I almost forgot there are 4 rectangles all 50% transparency. At least that's the way this one is.

latest no mask.xar

Would you like to have your name on this Certificate of honor?

Name:	certificate.png 
Views:	174 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	83627
    Last edited by wizard509; 17 August 2011 at 07:06 PM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Here is another one with some rotation added. Still needs some work and I would rather these last couple were gif's. Anyone know If they can be converted and how to do it? As for me I think I'm about finished with this project and about to move on to something else. I don't know though, it's been fun.

new rotatimg kaleidoscope.swf
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Helped by Shapeshifters design and certainly inspired by the relentless efforts of Larry, I gave it another go.

Here's the result :

Name:	kaleidoscoop 72 animatie.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	83639

This was supposed to be an animated gif ...
    Last edited by guyke; 18 August 2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: I uploaded a gif but it came out as a png ????
    Guy -

I love these tools

I'll try with a flash file... but that's nearly 12 mb and the limit of the forum is 5...
    Some work to do to make it smaller....

this is it :

kaleidoscoop 72 animatie.swf
    Last edited by guyke; 18 August 2011 at 03:35 PM. Reason: reduced to 60% of original
    Guy -

I love these tools

That's great guy. how did you do it?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

It's all done in XDP7. This is how (I hope it makes sense - if not, just ask for clarification .

- I made a triangle with 30° downward pointing angle (like shapeshifter did, but smaller)
    - clipview of the tractor picture (leaving enough room to turn the picture around)
    - make live copy and keep the original aside
    - copy the live copy, and flip both horizontal and vertical so both triangles are adjacent
    - take both - rotate around bottom point over 60° and copy (right click) - repeat until full hexagon
    - copy hexagon 6 times until desired shape - group
    - make bitmap copy
    Then comes the "zen-part" : (1) rotate the picture of the tractor inside the clipview over 5° around the sharpest edge (rotation bulls-eye at the point of the triangle)
    (2) make bitmap copy of shape
    repeat last 2 steps 71 times, ending up at (but not including) the start position.

With the 72 bitmaps make an animation
    Guy -

I love these tools

Wow, thanks for that explanation Guy, your efforts put mine to shame.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509