Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Default Re: A community project

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    your efforts put mine to shame.
    I disagree Larry . You have been at it for weeks, which intrigued me and encouraged me to have another go. I'm retired so plenty of time to think about it and play around.

As for the explanation - you're welcome.
    Guy -

I love these tools

Surely, the Kaleidoscope in Post #47 is right up there, as a winner of the first certificate?!
    That's what I call a Kaleidoscope and I don't even know how to do one!

Well, that' my opinion but Larry is the ultimate decision maker and I don't know when this exercise finishes.
    So, if you want to be presented with a certificate, then be quick and have a go at your Kaleidoscope!

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by guyke View Post
    this is it :
    You got that right! Game over. We have a winner!

Now, can you make is spin?

Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
    Now, can you make is spin?
    I can give it a try
    But don't hold your breath...

Question @ shapeshifter: do you mean spin like the spinning coin, or turn like the hands of a clock ?
    Guy -

I love these tools

Was a tongue-in-cheek, rhetorical, - definitely not to be taken seriously

I have decided that Guy is definitely the winner of the Kaleidoscope competition and will be awarded the 1st certificate of honor; I am just awaiting a reply from him as to how he would like his name to appear on the certificate
    However since I had not set a deadline for submissions, I will leave this thread open for one month. So if anyone else wants to contribute a kaleidoscope animation but have not yet finished it you still can, and compete for a second certificate.
    With that said the deadline for further submissions will be Sept. 19th. 2011 at which time (assuming there are other submissions) we will have a poll and a second certificate will be awarded. I hope this in no way takes the honor away from Guy.

Does this sound fair to everyone?

Now it is my honor to proudly name Guy (guyke) as the Master of the Xara Kaleidoscope and recipient of the first certificate of honor for his outstanding contribution.

Well done Guy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guy certif.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	83667
    Last edited by wizard509; 19 August 2011 at 11:56 PM. Reason: forgot the attachment
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thank you everybody. I feel truly honoured, but this was a community project and I'm only part of that community. I learned a lot on the way to my final design: Larry showing his designs that didn't satisfy him, but gave me an idea of what he was after; Shapeshifter's straightforward method of turning a triangle into a kaleidoscopic image; Rik and his humour in designing the cetificate; and other contributions along the way.

In fact what I'm trying to say is that I really love this forum because of the people involved: if you need help, you will get it (and fast !), if you need a laugh you can get that too.
    Guy -

I love these tools

Well done Guy.!

Q: Do you do requests?

Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
    Q: Do you do requests?
    A: Depends on the request and the requestor. For you - anytime but then again - looking at the number of answers that you provide on this forum, and their accuracy - I doubt if I could do anything that you couldn't do better and/or faster
    Guy -

I love these tools

This is what I have been tring to accompolish. This was from Psaumure. Am hoping he will post his secret on how to do it.

paul kaleidoscope.swf
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.