Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3D cup or glass

Default Re: 3D cup or glass

Hello Guy,

Thank you very much, that's very kind of you to say!

I too was very intimidated when I started with Blender. It was version 2.49, which wasn't laid out nearly as logically as 2.5+ versions. My advice is just take it one little piece at a time and to PLAY with it, so it never gets to be an agonizing chore.

On another thread, Larry was trying to animate a kaleidoscope. I can't for the life of me figure out (yet!) how to do it in Xara, so got the idea of doing it in Blender. I really just built the thing in Blender as if I was making it in the real world. Take three mirrors at 120° angles and put the camera at one end, the moving image at the other.

I dearly love it. As I've said too much about I am sure, I just think Xara and Blender work great together. Very often, both are open and I'm going back and forth as I need assets in Blender, I make them or edit them in Xara. [Objects in Blender can have up to 10 textures applied to them, controlling everything from coloring, to specularity, to mirroring, to transparency, etc.]

If you take the plunge, feel free to message me with any questions or problems that you come across. I like to be a resource where possible!

One other thing, if you have interest, I can easily provide the packed blend file and you can just open it up in Blender and see what I did and also edit it to your heart's content while learning.

Take care

James

I have to say one thing about Xara users...I love how helpful everyone is. I've been a part of many boards for programming and often find that either no one has an answer, or no one will answer. It is so wonderfully refreshing to find users of software that work together and are so helpful and talented. Thanks very much to all of you!
    Coleen
    "Tears are not a sign of weakness, they are a sign of how deeply we loved."

Quote Originally Posted by Coleen View Post
    It is so wonderfully refreshing to find users of software that work together and are so helpful and talented. Thanks very much to all of you!
    I fully agree !!
    Guy -

I love these tools

Here is a glass I did a few years ago in X3D. I thought I posted it before but I can't find the post.

A thread about X3D coffee mugs has previously been discussed here:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...e-mug-possible
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glass-goblets.png 
Views:	176 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	83397  
    Last edited by salaam; 06 August 2011 at 02:53 AM. Reason: spelling
    True love is the ultimate truth

Nice job,

The goblet looks just a little bit washed out, but it might be sitting in a bright environment. The part that doesn't seem right is that the goblet has a lid.

A very cool application of Xara 3D, though!!!

Peace

James

Thanks James,

The right hand goblet was made with the inclusion of another X3D image to remove the 'lid'.
    The left image with added XDP wine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wine-goblets.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	83401  
    True love is the ultimate truth

Love the stem on the goblet. I like the second set, they look great! I think I'd fill mine with a red wine though...
    Coleen
    "Tears are not a sign of weakness, they are a sign of how deeply we loved."