Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 iFrame Widget assistance

I used the iframe widget and it worked very well and was easy to configure...but...

The page I was attempting to display was my own form created in NetObjects Fusion. It displayed flawlessly in the widget placeholder and live online. I created an identical page in NOF that matched the Web Designer Pro pages I created.

What happened...every page in my site then displayed in the iframe when I clicked the links! OOPS! If anyone has a solution I would be very grateful for your assistance. I TRIED everything!!!

It was one of those fixed pages from NOF that just would not center in the browser window no matter what I tried...it did center perfectly in the iframe widget in WDP!

The NOF page was on another level directory but I don't think that had anything to do with it.

Thanks for ANY assistance you might be able to give me.

Default Re: iFrame Widget assistance

I have no idea what NOF is.

And not sure I am addressing your situation...
    Concerning links that are seen INSIDE an iframe. They will react depending on the TARGET you define for those links.
    Chose the code for your links that works best for your situation.

-----------------
    link opens in a same frame with target="_self"
    Replaces only the content of the iframe, and leaves the page that holds the iframe!

<a href="http://www.samisite.com/id82.htm" TARGET="_self" TITLE="Sign the wall!" >Please sign the wall.</a>
    -------------------

link opens in a new window with target="_blank"
    Opens a new window. Depending on your browser settings may take you to a new tab
    CODE:
    <a href="http://www.yoursite.com" TARGET="_blank" TITLE="Rollover statement here" >This is the text link</a>
    ---------------
    The following options will REPLACE the main page that holds the iframe.
    You will leave the iframe page and must click BACK to return.
    link opens in the same window with target="_top"
    CODE:
    <a href="http://www.yoursite.com" TARGET="_top" TITLE="Rollover statement here" >This is the text link</a>

link opens in a new parent window with target="_parent"
    CODE:
    <a href="http://www.yoursite.com" TARGET="_parent" TITLE="Rollover statement here" >This is the text link</a>
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    I TRIED everything!!!
    Well, if you have tried everything then no-one can help you as there can be no fix

Just messin'

Best to attach your .web file if you can?
    But one thing, any link on the page that the iframe calls will always open up in the iframe window - that's expected.
    But if you are saying that any link on the same WD page where the iframe placeholder appears also loads the linked content into the iframe then that might require closer inspection of your file. Everything else is speculation

WD6 Re: iFrame Widget assistance

Nothing resolves the problem...thanks for your interest and advice.

It's very odd to say the least. Every page in the site positions perfectly in including the iframe page when selected. It's a form..and it all works flawlessly.

Any link you click on, from the iframe/form then appears with the double image at the top if you have decided to use the links to view another page instead of going ahead and filling out the form.

If you submit the form the thank you page appears the same way. Yet once you go back to ANY link the double image disappears. Then again any link clicked on from the thank you page and the double image disappears. I've got to be missing something.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xaraiframe.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	83494

I tried and I thank you for your advice. Maybe it's just to hot FL and things don't want want to work as they should.

NOF is NetObjects Fusion...I have been a user for well over a decade.

Please attach your file, we can't offer much help without it.

Done...a two line Javascript in the head of a page KILLS the iframe or as it was called when I found the script break out of an iframe. Again Thank you for interest in assisting me.