Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sandra

to explain things a bit. It's what I thought, LOTS of layers and transparencies [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

OH well, maybe one of these days when I'm feeling really brave.

Thanks again. The tips are greatly helpful and appreciated [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanks Roman for viewing "Sandra", and your kind comment!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

You're most welcome Ross and RAMWolff!!! I hope I can come up with a better way to illustrate what I'm trying to describe...I'll try to break a portrait down into steps and condense it into some sort of tut---it will be a few days, though, as I've got to do my taxes yet! UGH!!! So this week I may not get it all done at once...but you'll see it along with another portrait in the near future. RAMWolff, don't let my long-winded description of the layers of transparencies fool you---it sounds much more complicated than it is, and if I could show you, you would see that it's also a lot faster than you expect once you get the hang of it. It's really not hard at all!!! It just seems an odd way to "paint" when you're used to other methods, but it becomes second nature the more you practice with it, and before long you find yourself in the "Xara-Think Mode" and it doesn't seem to interfere with progress at all, quite the contrary, it lends speed. I wouldn't have done the portrait in a day and a half if it was difficult...and I expect the next ones will be easier and quicker yet as I learn and get handier at it. Please just jump in on some projects with this technique and take your time. If you have any questions or problems you want to ask me about as you go along, please do, you know how to find me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] , and I'll do all I can to be helpful. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

X-L-nt Maya.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I really appreciate your compliment!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

... for the info Maya I will check out Newton's tutorial. The hair really is excellent as is the rest of her.

Also thanks for the time taken to explain your technique, I haven't gone through it all yet but I will do later.

Yeah I haven't used the mirror trick for a long while, mostly if I don't seem to be making any headway with a picture I just leave it and come back later.

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!