Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandra

First try at a portrait in XaraX...
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sandrab4a.jpg 
Views:	717 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	18945  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

First try at a portrait in XaraX...
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Hi Maya,

Very nice portrait! The hair is excellent and the skins tones are great. The only thing that seems a little off is the shading along the jaw. It seems to be a little too sharp edged. Great Work! Anyone would recognize Sandra.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

My poor eyes were worn out--but you were right, and I replaced the pic with the revision to soften the area...just right!!! Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] !!!
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain

... beautiful, in real life and in your portrait! I agree with Soquili - stunning work on her hair!

Maya, you create some amazing images! However, the jaw section towards the back of her head seems a little bit too narrow (or pronounced) to me. She still think she looks great, though! I love the way you made the vectors seem to soft.

I think she is recognizable from the eyes alone!

You truly are an artist, Maya!

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

I added a bit of darkening to the area and revised the pic. Thanks for your kind compliments!!! I'm just a painter [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] --nothing more!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Xara is fun to learn! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Thanks again!!!
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain

You're awesome Maya! Great job, I recognized her the second I saw her, great subject. I've been to scared to ever attempt a portraite, but you've inspired me and I'll start studying it! awesome

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

thank you so much!!! I know you can do just as well at portraits, probably better in fact--just get to work on it now!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks for your kind compliments!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain

I recognized her immediately myself. I've painted portraits, and find them to be the most difficult of all subjects, because anything that is off just a tiny bit, can ruin the likeness.

Great job!

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Yes, you're so right about it being tricky!!! Sometimes the best thing is to just stop working on it and resume on another day when the eyes have had a rest and then it can be easier to figure out what to do. I'm happy if I can get a likeness! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I worked on this today and part of yesterday--whew!!! I'll have to work on someone else soon...you learn something from every attempt.
    Thanks Dale!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain