Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem buffering video on playback

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am using XWD6 and trying to get an embedded video to start playing as soon as it has buffered some data. When I publish locally, this works, but when I try and publish on the web it does not. If you click the 'playback' button or get the download to start automatically you have to wait until the whole video is downloaded before it begins to play! Does anyone know how I can solve this issue?

Default Re: Problem buffering video on playback

Use .FLV for best streaming
    If you need a free converter, try FormatFactory.

Thank you ShapeShifter. Unforunately, I am not very technical so not sure what your response means! The videos I am trying to play are .mp4 files which I imported into XWD6. Do I have to change these? Or what? Sorry for being a PITA!!!

Do I have to change these?
    Yes, that is my suggestion.
    Download FormatFactory (google it)
    After installation, run FF and Drag'n'drop your movie.mp4 file into FF and choose .flv (Flash Video) file type to convert to.
    Most settings should be left at default for the conversion.
    Then you can import your movie.flv into Xara as before, only this time you should get better streaming.

Shape how do u get the .flv to start playing without the user having to click the play button?

Scruffy