Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Blending tutorials?

I found the two most basic Blending tutorials but it doesn't show how to do what I want to do. How do I get the blend to go from the front object to the back object? I.E., I have two shapes, one "on top" of the other - not in different layers - just one in the foreground and one in the background. Every time I use the blend tool the blend goes from the back shape to the front shape, even if I select the front shape first. The thing is that my front shape has some water ripple effects in it - what I want is for that object to blend into the background object with out any lines so that I get the ellipse shape of my background, with the nice ripple effects of my fore ground. Attached is an example - as you can see, there is no "blend" effect between the two objects. Any suggestions on how to do this? Can anyone suggest a good tutorial on how to achieve this effect? TIA.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Coleen; 01 August 2011 at 02:04 PM.
    Coleen
    "Tears are not a sign of weakness, they are a sign of how deeply we loved."

Default Re: Blending tutorials?

Coleen, when you select both objects, you will see their control points. If you blend from a control point on the background shape to the corresponding control point in the front shape, it should work. You will only need to adjust the number of blend steps.
    Guy -

I love these tools

Thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't give the effect I'm looking for. I am really not sure how to do this then. I want the ripple effect but I want to keep the ellipse shape. I was hoping to blend the two objects to achieve that effect, but it doesn't seem to work like that. I'll have to think of another way to get it. What I'm really trying to do is to blend live effects such as the water ripple to make the effect contained within an ellipse shape. Any suggestions are very welcome.
    Last edited by Coleen; 01 August 2011 at 03:09 PM.
    Coleen

Okay, this attachment is more what I had in mind. It still needs a little work (colors aren't quite what I want) but this is much more of the effect that I am trying to achieve. I used the elliptical fill on one object and the combined it with the water ripple live effect on another object and added the shapes. Still a work in progress though...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Coleen

Hi Coleen,
    Perhaps this youtube video by Egg Branhill will help and give you some of the information you are after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzpXUS2Tuuw
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hey Coleen

I've seen your postings for a while now and wanted to say something and now i have reason -- My brother just got back from Belize yesterday, he had a great time.

Thanks Larry. That sort-of helps, but I guess I'm going to have to play around with it. I'm using Xara Photo & Graphics Deigner 6 and the nodes to show me where/which way the blend is going aren't the same. I'll keep working on it and post what I end up with - if it works! Thanks!
    Coleen

Quote Originally Posted by Coleen View Post
    what I want is for that object to blend into the background object with out any lines so that I get the ellipse shape of my background, with the nice ripple effects of my fore ground.
    I slightly enlarged the rippled shape then used the 'Feather tool'. After selecting both shapes I pressed 'Q' to apply a clipview.

Is this the sort of result you want?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coleen.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	83286  

Yeah MLJK it's great here depending on where you go. I live in the north near Corozal and the border of Mexico. The Caye's (Ambergris and Cay Caulker) are great, but very expensive. I love the beauty of the country - so much potential here! It's Ex-Pat heaven! I must admit - I feel very fortunate to live here! The only real drawback is the lack of a really good Internet service provider at a reasonable price!
    Coleen

I worked on San Pedro and Caye Caulker (for aeau - a video production company), (now working on a website for a real estate company in San Pedro, yes i'm using Xara Designer Pro 7) - i'm in los angeles California but lived and work in b city at baymen cable channel 9 / 11.
    btw i Had fun in Progresso Orange Walk District,
    umm do you know of any Price in Corozal?
    Pm me