Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A Dollar... and then some!

A friend, in another thread, needed some money.
    Of course, I was happy to oblige!

He only needed $3 trillion. So, I hope he will put remaining money to good use!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doollar.png 
Views:	428 
Size:	248.2 KB 
ID:	83253  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Default Re: A Dollar... and then some!

Great one, Rik. I really like your sense of humour !
    Guy -

I love these tools

That may last your friend a couple days! Your generosity is overwhelming and much appreciated, I hope.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Great Work..

Maybe you need to think about coming up with your own design of the 1 dollar bill (US) ...for fun for the sake of, not to defraud. I could be an interesting challenge.
    Just a thought.
    ~ Madalynne ~
    a.k.a.: M1SS D3V10US, a.k.a.: Sharkie

| My TalkGraphics.com Albums | Xara Xone Guest Tutorial 98 |

well, actually, oneone could start their own moneysystem.
    You could print your own money, and here some businesses do.
    Although it may not look like the money from the federal bank, that is
    plagerism.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

I'm not talking about making a money system, I'm not talking about printing it, I'm Certainly Not talking about passing it off as real money, and it certainly isn't plagiarism. That's like saying the every time someone designs a business card design it's plagiarism, is it? I don't think so. The business card has a certain size it conforms to, just like money does. Both have to convey certain information, both need to have a certain key elements - in other words they have a criteria to be met. Artwork can be in many forms and money happens to be one of them.

Have you noticed that the look of the american currency? It has changed very little over the many, many years. Very Little! When compared to other currency from around the world, the US Treasury Notes look extremely dull and old and outdated. The level of artwork and detail that has gone into money from around the world is incredibly high. Personally, I would love to see the US Treasury Note have more colors (for example), maybe a complete redesign. Given that it's artwork there is a wide range of designs that could used, but in the end, it's merely artwork with no other purpose.

It seems that people are so afraid of idea of money as being artwork, and that even the mere thought of making a design that looks anything that resembles like money that people get scared and suddenly nobody has the brass to even talk about it. The artwork presented by Rik is good, and it gives you the design, and it CLEARLY Can Not be printed to be passed off as money. It's artwork, nothing more, nothing less.

Rik -
    Wonderful job!!
    ~ Madalynne ~

LOL, nice one Rik

Keep pumping that printing press to bail-out those nice Banksters, well..............I guess it will still be worth something.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toilet_paper.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	83305
    “When everybody thinks alike, Everyone is likely to be wrong”
    http://antonybrook.co.uk/index.htm

US currency has had many changes during it's history. Not all of them are obvious. http://www.newmoney.gov/currency/history.htm

My one regret is that bills larger than $100 have disappeared from common use. Fifty years ago $500 and $1000 bills were used during daily business transactions.

The $5, $10, and $50 bills have the most color as of the most recent changes. http://www.marshu.com/articles/presi...s-currency.php
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by M1SS D3V10US View Post
    ...It seems that people are so afraid of idea of money as being artwork, and that even the mere thought of making a design that looks anything that resembles like money that people get scared and suddenly nobody has the brass to even talk about it. The artwork presented by Rik is good, and it gives you the design, and it CLEARLY Can Not be printed to be passed off as money. It's artwork, nothing more, nothing less.

Rik -
    Wonderful job!!
    My sentiments exactly, Madalynne.

Aside from the many changes I made (I was attempting to add a bit of humour!), the real thing to note is; can anyone tell me exactly how much a 'gazillion' is?!
    So, if you really want to print it, I have attached a face on copy of my work.

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    ...My one regret is that bills larger than $100 have disappeared from common use. Fifty years ago $500 and $1000 bills were used during daily business transactions.
    As you can see Bill, I'm doing my best to help with that.
    My 'Gazillion Dollar' note, is multi-purpose. It can fill in for many of the notes you mentioned.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gazillion.png 
Views:	3060 
Size:	229.3 KB 
ID:	83306  
    Last edited by Rik; 02 August 2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: additional comment

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    My sentiments exactly, Madalynne.

Aside from the many changes I made (I was attempting to add a bit of humour!), the real thing to note is; can anyone tell me exactly how much a 'gazillion' is?!
    So, if you really want to print it, I have attached a face on copy of my work.
    I'm glad someone here gets what I'm talking about. I think you are I are going to be good friends!

OMG!!! Rik, that is EXACTLY what I'm talking about! You have the same Idea that I do. I could Hug you right now! That image is exactly what I'm talking about.

It's Art - Get over it people!!!
    I've been wanting to come up with my own designs for the $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50 & $100. ...and dare I say the $3 - for sh!ts & giggles. lol
    ~ Madalynne ~